Sunday, January 16, 2011

The U.S. Homefront During WWII

http://prezi.com/vrhup5eqzvab/us-homefront/

6 comments:

  1. Good job Tess, you Prezi genuis, you.
    I found it interesting that every citizen was equal in a sense when it came to the rationing. Even if an upperclass family could afford to buy more food, they were subject to the same restrictions as everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The degree of societal changes on the US homefront is really amazing... Whenever I see things about how the American people came together, accepted major sacrifices, I wonder if America today would do that, and I don't think that we would, because (at least currently) America has created a soceity of dissent, where I think we're afraid to rally around one specific cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Tess! I enjoyed the World War 2 fashion segment, wouldn't expect anything less! I thought the only thing was interesting, and kind of cool that everyone went along with all of these inconveniences and new duties because they all believe in what they were doing. Too bad we enter wars just for something to do now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how involved everyone was in the war. It seems so different from today, where we hardly do anything. I guess it might be because it was a world war then, and we're not in one now, but it's still surprising that they did so much more than we do now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you put in info about fashion! It's so interesting that they regulated the hem size. Like Lauren said, it's surprising how people today aren't involved in war nearly as much as they were back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (I would like to first point out that we are in a war, Lauren) I found the color theme to be very interesting. I did not know the effect of the war on the farmers and the increase in income they recieved.

    ReplyDelete